Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Woodland Art Fair

This weekend CJ and I were invited to set up our booth in front of a LYS "Magpie Yarn" during the Woodland Art Fair. This is a great chance to get our woven goods some much needed public eye and finally make our business more retail than freelance than we have been. I think we'll make a good team, I love Magpie's taste in yarn; everything is such high-quality and obviously shows that it's all hand picked. The fair is the 15th and 16th of Aug giving us plenty of time to make lots of goodies. We will have a good mix of summer and winter wears and a little something for everyone's budget so no one is "left out in the cold."

Because of this lucky windfall we have had to start shopping for set-up items. Now I have been wanting a dress form forever (mainly to make dresses that fit the first time as I have a "real woman" sizing) but recently I've wanted more of a display. Nothing will show the fold of material like seeing it on something. I stoped by a local antique store yesterday and luck me found something better then I thought I wanted. Thighs, waist, bust, shoulders, and a head. All this covered in a lovely white material and I have just what I wanted; she's that shape we all hate twhich makes everything look good. She'll be making her self known later this weekend when I start adding pictures.

One more exciting addition to the Silver Wheel Yarn Equipment list is a 32" Rigid Heddle Loom. I've been looking to get one for a while but haven't gotten around to that spurring motivation I need for a big buy. Well, it came yesterday with a good price and now its on its way. I already have a bunch of projects that will be perfect for the "gentile touch" of a rigid heddle. Its also perfect to actually set up and festivals. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think.