Friday, June 12, 2009

Organic Cotton is here.

Yesterday we received our organic cotton sample. Over the next few weeks I'm going to be playing with it. Plying, dyeing, and weaving with it to see how it handles the work load. If this all turns out we hope to be using it in our weaving for place-mats and napkins, and sure as the world I'm going to make enough cloth from it to make a dress. I also want to offer it to coustomers so they can use it since organic cotton is so hard to find right now. I'll report my findings as they come.

Monday we are going to visit Flaggy Meadow Fiber Works at Sunshine Farm in Springfield, Ky. We hope to join forces and allow the high-quality fibers they produce and my skills weaving to take us both to the great place of high fashion. We'll see how everything goes, but they seem very nice and have ambitious goals for the future; I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think.