Wednesday, June 24, 2009

This Past Weekend

I took a quick trip up to Frankfort Monday to get some supplies and look at some equipment that we are thinking about up-grading to. As I love to get lots of things done in one trip I also managed to talk to a woman about some raw fleeces we want to buy after shearing and mention my plans for the next Rigid Heddle class. Whew, lots and lots of planning and plenty of projects for the future.

I'm really looking forward to next month, since we are going to take advantage of a lucky fall of days and get some higher quality equipment that we have been living without. Since we got the Strounch Drum Carder we have been in love with the quality of the equipment. Quality is always worth the money you put into it, but these have the added plus of being beautiful.

Beauty isn't a "have-to-have" selling point for us, but I've learned that I use something I think is beautiful more then something that isn't. I work in a world that needs to be inspired by curvy lines and deep woods. It certainly does not hurt that I am always seeking that "weaver in residence" position and having beautiful equipment is a plus.

CJ (my husband and fellow weaver) has the loom right now and is working on a beautiful pattern for a scarf. I just finished spinning some Surino roving into lace. Turned out really nice, nicer then I thought it would, and I certainly got enough out of it for someone to make something; 570 yds. I'm hoping that FMFW buys the yarn, but if they don't I'll keep it and use it for a swap, a contest, or I'll weave with it. Its that nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think.