Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Busy, busy, busy


Ten more days till the festival and we are plugging along. The classes are over with, for now, and I have one more pattern that Flaggy Meadows wants me to do. I shouldn't be hard since it is a hat that will go with the Scarflet I did for them last month. The hard work is done, I just need to knit it.

I finished the pattern for The Woolery. They really liked it, which is good since I used a completely different style then the Victorian Scarflet and was quite unconventional. I don't know if people know what to think about it, yet. Selling patterns is only one step. To be successful it takes people buying them and the company coming back to you wanting more. CJ wants me to do a book, but I'm hoping that I can sell every pattern I make and never have the chance to do so.

I'll be making a shawl this week from recycled sari silk and black bamboo. I normally can picture what things are going to turn out like in my head, but this one is a shot in the dark. I think it is fulfilling my need to do something a little crazy, just like the Woolery pattern was. At times things become a little too conservative and earthy and I need a little shiny hot pink mixed with black to wake me up. Let's hope it attracts some brave person out there as I'm still on the quest to make my bread and butter from this.


..................

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think.