Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Good Day to Dye...

Getting ready for the festival, we dedicated yesterday to dyeing for some twill shawls that we will be making. I tried a different technique because I was "feeling" some variegation in blues and purples. Leaving the skeins in the twist we kettle dyed and the string comes out looking sort-of like tie-dye. CJ's iffy on it, but I think I like it. With a white warp and another blue over dye at the end they might turn out great. It's really hard to tell what will happen with yarn, but that's all part of what I love. I'll have the new stuff on DA around the very end of the week.

I don't get to weave today so I'm feeling a little gloomy. Its such a beautiful day to weave (cool and rainy) and I'm stuck doing something I don't want to in a windowless room. I keep thinking that very very soon I'll get to mess with yarn and fibers people every single day; that gets me through it all. It wont be long.

I'll tell all about my weaving class after the second one Monday. They'll be pictures so I hope you look forward to it.

Be good and be careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think.