Thursday, August 27, 2009

Holding our breath

If it seems like a long time since we've had something new, I would agree. We have so many good things in Limbo, but since everything hinges on everything else, I can't show anything until I can show everything. However, I can give you some things to look forward to.

We have completed 4 Shawls over the last few weeks, but because I am in the process of choosing a new higher-tech digital camera, I’m waiting to show them off until I can get really nice pictures of them. I think we’ve settled on the Pentax X70, now we just have to save a little more money and we’ll be good to go.

With in the week we will have our first website up for the business. CJ has been working very hard on it this past week and has it looking quite professional. He’s such a lifesaver. It will start out as just a portfolio site, but we want it to keep getting better. Eventually, I want to have a shopping cart, ability to schedule demos and classes, and a wholesale area. It will take a little time, but I would like it to be full capacity by the end of the year. I’ll keep everyone up dated.

It looks like we might have found a source for Kentucky wool. We have 25lbs of fleece that we will be working up this weekend to see how it goes, but our small test batch did fine and is spinning quite lovely. It’s Cheviot wool, traditionally from Scotland and originally used for the tweed trade. It naturally has “bumps,” or slub, in it that makes it an interesting yarn and creates the recognizable “tweed” look. It wears well, is warm, and not overly scratchy, but it does have a “body” that I enjoy; diffidently an old world feel. We’ll see how it weaves and knits next week. I’m hoping to introduce it as our high-end line of weaving made of naturally dyed, hand-spun, Kentucky grown yarn.

Here’s hoping things keep moving forward.

............

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tracy and CJ! I just featured you guys on our new blog, take a look:

    http://kentuckyproudmarket.blogspot.com/2009/08/new-artist-shout-outs.html

    Thanks so much for being a part of our store, we all think your work is fantastic -- functional fiber art!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think.