Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Visit to the Woolery

Yesterday we were finally able to get out to the Woolery to do a little shopping for equipment. We have been so very busy doing weaving for Flaggy Meadow that we have had little time to sleep and eat let-alone shop. In addition to a new reed for the rigid heddle and a tensioned lazy kate, I was able to get that skein winder that I had been wanting. Beautiful, well built, and soooo useful; now I don't remember what I did with out it!. So far I've only used it to wind balls (which I still do the old fashion way) and I'm assuming that the time saved using it has also saved my hands because they didn't hurt half as much as before. So if I was asked "was it worth it" I would say a resounding, "yes!"

Now we have to worry about the Woodland Art Fair coming up. We have so much to make since our inventory is low. Now we have added the Surino line to it all that list has gotten much longer. Good news is that as I look at it, I come to my senses and it slowly is getting to a reasonable size.

Yesterday, I developed the first of our receiving blanket line. Its a minty green made with the Surino and, oh, so light and soft, and that's not to mention the absolute cute simplicity of the blanket. I have planning for striped and plaid in pink, green, and blue. So adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think.