Saturday, February 20, 2010

Things have been crazy

~
~
~
Things have been absolutely crazy around here. Certainly a lot to be thankful for and plenty to be hopeful for. I'll start at the beginning.

Starting off. I want to welcome all the new fans from the Herald Leader to the website. A few weeks ago I wrote an essay about my values and was honored to have it published in today's newspaper. I'm kind of shy (which is a rare thing) since this whole thing is a little overwhelming for me. I'm not big on attention, but this was an important subject and it was easy to write since it was all from the heart. For all you un-local friends, you can find my essay here.

We have for a long time been thinking of finding our own house, one with a little land where we could call home for a long time. Well, we just may have found that place in Pulaski Co. We are smack-dab in the middle of the whole home buying nightmare and quickly approaching the dreaded appraisal. There isn't a whole lot of homes out there, which translates into not a whole lot of homes that have been sold to compare this one too. Thus, I'm scared to death, and will take any happy thoughts/prayers that anyone will pass my way. However, I do have faith that we will end up where we need to be when the time is right. I just have such lovely visions of fiber animals frolicking over rolling hills while we weave in our new studio. *sigh*

Last week we happily received our acceptance letter from the Kentucky Guild of Artists and Craftsmen. We are very honored, especially since we were accepted for both our weaving and my spinning. We look forward to all they have to offer us and we have to offer them.

Just a quick last note. We have our eye on loom number 4 right now. (I know! We're crazy! Looking at looms while we try to buy a house!) Can't believe how these things get me to voluntarily surrender my home, money, and time, but there all just so wonderful and 60" means I could start making actual bolts of hand woven material just like I've always wanted. EEEEEE! It makes me gitty!

Hang in there, friends, spring is coming. Be good and be careful.
~
~
~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think.