Saturday, September 19, 2009

October is sneeking up on me!

We were excited to add to our inventory a wool picker last week. For those of you who are not up-and-up on the primitive techniques of wool preparation, a wool picker is used to "fluff" the wool after washing and before carding. It's a time consuming step when the wool is as dirty as the 20 lbs that we washed the other day was. Now, what we did in an hour we can now do in 15 min. Very good. We choose to go with the Lil Dynamo, a small family company with an innovative (and less scary) design for a wool picker. It works beyond what I could ask, is made sturdy, and is more affordable; you can't ask for much more then that. I highly recommend it.

Talk about a busy month ahead and I'm not sure I'm ready for it; not that it asked me.

We have been invited to do a demo at the IncrEDIBLE Food Show. I know. I'm sure your wondering what a weaver is doing at a food show. It is a big convention dedicated to Kentucky Proud Products and although it is more food oriented there is a area dedicated to the crafts of Kentucky...and there we will sit and work for 8 hours on Saturday and 6 on Sunday. It should be good though. We will be doing the same thing there that we would be doing at home (wink at a friend out there), so despite the thankful random interruptions, we will have an excuse to get a lot of work done.

Mid October brings another Beginning Weaving Class. The last one went exceptionally well and I can only hope that the next one goes just as well, if not better.

Then the end of October. My favorite time of year. The smells, the air, the sights, sounds, and Halloween. I love Halloween. We have a vacation planned; most of it will be with my other family and doing some PR in Virginia, but we have a little "us" time planned on the two most sacred nights of the year; the 30th and the 31st. A cabin in the mountains, a wood fire, and a Parcheesi board. Now, that is Halloween.

...............

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think.